- A gift in your Will is a simple way to make a tax-deductible donation to the Powell River Hospice Society from the assets in your estate.
- Providing funds through personal philanthropy is an effective way to leave a legacy in your name or in memory of a loved one.
- Given that “you can’t take it with you”, a proper legal Will is a vital document we should all have. Your Will establishes how you wish your property (home, investments, car etc.) to be distributed in your estate.
- The legacy we leave behind to our families, or to the charities we care most about will be one of the last important decisions we make, and can have a dramatic impact.
- A bequest made in your Will to the Powell River Hospice Society will ensure our programs and services continue for many years.
- Know that your gift will significantly contribute to the sustainability of the Powell River Hospice Society, as we will contribute half of all bequests to our long-term endowment fund.
With minimal planning, tax savings to your estate can be over 50% of your gift. It is as simple as specifically naming the Powell River Hospice Society as a recipient of a specific amount or percentage of the final assets from your estate.
You should discuss the tax implications of gifts to charities in your estate with your professional advisors.
Charitable giving can and should be tailored to your unique circumstances and should be reviewed by your professional advisors, lawyer, accountant and financial planner.
Some options include:
- Leaving a specific dollar amount to the Powell River Hospice Society
- Naming the Powell River Hospice Society as the beneficiary of your RRSP or RIF
- Naming the Powell River Hospice Society as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy
- Leaving a percentage of your final estate to the Powell River Hospice Society
How to give: For a confidential inquiry into Gifting in Your Will, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.