Resource Development Coordinator
Powell River Hospice Society is seeking a seasoned Resource Development Coordinator to join our growing team. In this role, you will use your expert communication skills and keen sense of initiative to spot fundraising opportunities, develop relationships with potential donors, and manage major capital fundraising campaigns as well as securing ongoing operational funding. By coordinating events, writing proposals and recruiting and leading volunteers, you will hone your speaking, writing and leadership abilities while moving Powell River Hospice Society forward in meeting its financial goals.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional and organized, with a knack for research. We are looking for someone who believes in Powell River Hospice Society’s mission, vision and values and who will demonstrate exceptional drive to further our existing fundraising efforts while strategizing and delivering new ones.
Reporting to and with the support and direction of the Fundraising Committee, the Resource Development Coordinator plans and oversees events and campaigns to secure funds for operational expenses and major capital projects for Powell River Hospice Society and increases awareness of the organization’s work, goals, and financial needs.
This position will begin at 60 hours/month at $25 to $30/hour dependent on experience, and includes paid personal and holiday time.
· develop and implement an annual fundraising plan, including grant funding, year-round donor engagement and stewardship, and a wide variety of fundraising initiatives to help the organization meet its operational and capital goals
· promote awareness of the organization’s mission and work
· cultivate a network of dedicated donors and volunteers
· create marketing and other promotional materials
· train volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices
· other duties as assigned by the Board
· education or extensive experience in communications, public relations, resource development, event management or other related areas
· resource development experience and knowledge of effective fundraising strategies
· experience in the non-profit sector
· exemplary written and verbal communication abilities
· strong interpersonal, networking and communication skills, both written and verbal
· excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
· adept at managing tasks, planning events and balancing priorities
· ability to make decisions under pressure
· experience leading and motivating volunteers
· facility with a variety of productivity and social media platforms, as well as with donor management systems
· grant writing experience
· sensitivity to cultural diversity
· experience working with a variety of stakeholders across the volunteer and public sectors
· ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· ability to manage a varied and challenging workload
Apply with both cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
closing date: January 15, 2023